Real reasons for joining the Aurora Merchants:
- The Aurora Merchants exists to make a community a better place to work, live and play.
- Businesses become members because they take great pride in their membership. They are proud of being part of an organization that plays a key role in the community. The Aurora Merchants is a not-for-profit advocate for businesses. It is an organization managed by a volunteer Board of Directors, established to promote civic, commercial, industrial and agricultural progress within its community and to work diligently with community partners for the establishment of sound legislation and efficient administration at all levels of government.
- Aurora Merchants members are proud to belong to an organization that plays such a key role in the community. They display their membership logos on their windows and advertise their membership in their brochures or advertisements. Holding a membership in an association that is recognized worldwide allows members to promote to the outside world that they belong to something important.
What Does Membership Provide?
- Membership provides businesses with information about rising government issues that affect them, and adds their voice to the Aurora Merchants efforts to address them. Not only do members have a voice at a local level, they also receive membership in the Ontario Aurora Merchants and the Canadian Aurora Merchants. This allows lobbying at both the Provincial and Federal levels.
- The Aurora Merchants at all levels, speaks on behalf of the business community at public hearings, with media and government on matters that impact on not only the business community but also the community at large.
- But the real value of joining the Aurora Merchants is the positive perceptions of consumers about membership. A survey by The Schapiro Group found some great results for Aurora Merchants members. The results show that being active in Aurora Merchants is a good strategy for businesses to use.
- It’s an effective way to convey to consumers that the business uses good business practises.
- Consumers believe that businesses that are involved in the community, care about their customers and that the company is reputable. When a consumer thinks more favourably of a company because the company is a member of its local Aurora Merchants, it is because they infer that the company is trustworthy, connected to the community, listens to its customers is successful and is a leader in the business community.
Networking, Affinity Programs and Savings
- An Aurora Merchants membership also provides excellent networking opportunities. Some Aurora Merchantss have in excess of 500 members, which mean that networking possibilities are endless. Aurora Merchantss typically host a variety of events throughout the year including luncheons for Women, Business After 5 meetings, Industry Luncheons, Golf Tournaments and Home Shows. Not to mention that group buying power also provides access to better Group Insurance Plans, discounts on Esso gas purchases, TD Merchant Services and Bell Mobility. These are not the only benefits of the Aurora Merchants; there are also great Member 2 Member discounts, provided to members by members.
So to sum up the value of membership, Aurora Merchants membership provides members with an opportunity to have a positive impact on their business community and to be part of a worldwide business network. It gives consumers a positive perception of the business; it provides opportunities for networking and value added discounts.